Capital City Savings believes in investing in the future of our youth. Realizing that enriched education will help nuture tomorrow’s leaders, we created the following scholarship programs:
Capital City Savings 4-H Scholarship Program awards up to two $500 scholarships in each of its trade area communities to 4-H members who demonstrate outstanding 4-H achievement, leadership skills, community involvement and academic standing.
Capital City Savings 4-H Scholarships are open to applicants who have been an Alberta 4-H member for minimum of three years, are entering their first year of study at a post-secondary institution in Alberta and reside in the following Capital City Savings communities: Devon, Drayton Valley, Entwistle, Fort Saskatchewan, Gibbons, Lamont, Leduc, Legal, Morinville, Mundare, Sangudo, Stony Plain and Wabamun.
to print an application, or pick one up at any of the Capital City Savings branches mentioned above or through the 4-H Foundation of Alberta at http://www.4h.ab.ca/
Deadline for applications is early May.
Suzanne Mah Scholarship
The Suzanne Mah Scholarship Program was established in 1997 to honour the memory of Suzanne Mah, the daughter of Vic Mah, first Chair of the Capital City Savings Board of Directors. Suzanne was a young lawyer and lecturer who was committed to human rights principles in both her personal and professional life. This scholarship is named in recognition of her leadership to eliminate discrimination and prejudice, and her exemplary work in her practice.
The Suzanne Mah Scholarship honours one $2,500 award and two $1,000 awards to students entering their first year of study at a post-secondary institution in Alberta. The awards are based on demonstrated leadership in school and community, as well as academic achievement.
The Capital City Savings Bursaries consist of twenty $300 awards to grade 12 students accepted into their first year of attendance at a post-secondary institution in Alberta on a full-time basis.
- Open to Capital City Savings member-owners and staff or the children of member-owners and staff, who have resided in Alberta for the past 12 months
- Applicants must be grade 12 students or grade 12 graduates who have not attended a post-secondary institution full-time since graduation
- Applicants must be accepted into their first year at a post-secondary institution in Alberta on a full-time basis. Proof of acceptance will be required
- Applicants must provide two supporting letters of reference indicating their school or community involvement and the nature and quality of their service
- Suzanne Mah Scholarship applicants must have a grade 12 academic average of 80% or higher in English 30 and any three of the following subjects: Chemistry 30, Biology 30, Physics 30, Math 30, Social 30 or a second language at the 30 or 31 level
- Honours are not mandatory for Capital City Savings Bursaries applicants, but academic performance will be considered
Winners will be selected on the basis of: Volunteering and Community Involvement, Demonstrated Leadership, Academic Performance
For Scholarship finalists, an interview with the Capital City Savings Board of Directors' selection committee
Scholarship and Bursaries recipients will be selected and notified by September
Scholarship and Bursaries will be awarded to successful applicants at a reception in the Fall
Completed application forms must be submitted by May 31. Application forms can be obtained by clicking on the link below or can be forwarded upon request.
Completed application forms must be accompanied by the following:
- Two supporting letters of reference indicating the applicant's school or community involvement, and nature and quality of their service
- Proof of acceptance into a post-secondary institution in Alberta
- Official Alberta Learning transcripts of applicant's Grade 12 marks (submit with application or, if not available, no later than August 15)
If you do not have Adobe Reader to download the application form you can get it for free through the following link.
Please forward application form and additional information to:
Community Investment Coordinator
Capital City Savings and Credit Union Limited
#212, 8723-82 Avenue